custom pre-sets gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom pre-sets gone

Having recently upgraded my system, it was necessary to re-install DC-Art. The problem is that I've now lost custom pre-sets. How would I go about adding those from a back-up?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-11-2019, 06:37 PM.

Re: custom pre-sets gone

The custom presets are stored in a file called Dcartpresets.ini, which is in the \Windows directory (or whatever you windows installation directory is called. You can just copy this file from your backup, to the new machine.

Rick Carlson

Comment

Thanks Rick!!

Comment

Hi Rick,

I'm not able to display my presets that I've been saving lately. For example, I'll save a new preset for the continuous noise filter, then after running the setting and closing the program - when I re-open the program, the setting is not found in the presets. It's as if I've run out of space for presets or something. Can you help! Thanks!

-Michael

Comment

Here's a couple of things to look for:
          Make sure the preset file is not write protected.
          The preset file may have become corrupted. To test this rename your old preset file so you don't overwrite it, and re-install DCart. This should put back the original file.
          If this works, and you want to try to fix up the old file then you have to open it with a text editor and look for bad characters. The preset file is a text file so it is readable by any ascii text editor. Be carefull if you use notepad. It has a tendency to want to wordwrap everything, which will destroy the preset file. I prefer using Word or other smarter text editor.

Rick

Comment

Working...
          X