Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pops clicks

I am currently restoring a 10 inch, 33 1/3
    vinyl record. It is very badly damaged, although it does not skip it has thousands of loud pops. I am concerned mainly with getting rid of the loudest ones first. The
    record does not have alot of high frequency sound (cymbals etc.) What is the best procdure in the impulse filter to eliminate the loudest pops? In the past you answered
    a similar question for me but i lost the answer... Part of it involved reversing the file and re-running the impulse filter. Also it involved a pass of the filter as if it was a 78. Any help will be greatly appreciated,
    Thanx Michael Hertz
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-07-2019, 03:14 PM.

Re: POPS CLICKS

Michael,
    To remove loud pops, I would first try 78 mode and set the threshold fairly high so it only gets the big clicks. Set the tracking at 1 and the size at 7-15. If this does not get them, then go for a vinyl mode pass with the size set all the way up, the threshold at 1 and adjust the tracking so only the big ones are caught. You can try reversing the file and re-running the click filter, then reversing it again. This is sometimes effective on stuborn clicks.

Rick Carlson

Comment

Working...
    X