Help - need to eliminate crowd noise from live recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - need to eliminate crowd noise from live recording

I am evaluating DC-ART32 (4.01) - and am trying to do eliminate (or reduce) the crowd noise from a live recording I have -

Any with tips on how to do it please let me know - there are no "laymans" terms in this system so the help file is useless for me too.

thanks!

Re: Help - need to eliminate crowd noise from live recording

Ralph -
    One thing you may want to try is in the effects area, click on the Dynamics Processor and try the preset that says "Enhance Background Noise" or something like that - first preset for that effect. I know it sounds like the opposite of what you want, but I've had good luck with live music recordings using this setting - it seems to make the music stand out more and the crowd less.

I know it's not real "user-friendly" software, but this stuff takes a bit of time to get used to. I've been using it for almost 2 years and still learn new things all the time. It's easily the best affordable software for audio restoration. Well, that's my opinion anyway. I don't think it's designed for casual users, more for people who need it frequently for their hobby or work.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

Dan McDonald

Dan McDonald

Comment

I have a similar problem. But it involves loud clapping, where each single "clap" produces a spike.

I thought that the impulse filter would see a clap like it sees pops and clicks, but, regardless of setting, i seem to be unable to remove a "clap" that takes place in front of the mics.

any ideas?

Comment

Like most programs, the help files are not necessarily the best place to _begin_ the learning process, especially if you've never worked with audio at all. (Remember when you tried learning Microsoft Word from the help files?!)

However, I think that if you take the time to read the entire documentation, you may greatly raise the level of your knowledge of the technical aspects of audio. THEN you will be in a position where the help files will give you some guidance and refresh your memory as you use the program.

Indeed, it's a very powerful program, and does more than you ever could have done with thousands of dollars worth of analog equipment. So of course there's more of a learning curve than there is with a boombox.

Similarly, more people ride bicycles than fly 747's... bicycles are easier to learn. But if your destination really requires a 747, you'll take the time to learn how to use it.

Set aside some "quality time" for yourself to learn audio and the program; you'll be glad you did.

Comment

Working...
        X