Inconsistent Impulse Filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistent Impulse Filter?

I'm not sure I beleive my own observations but I thought I would check to see if anyone else had experienced the same phenomena.

The impulse filter APPEARs to vary its result depending on the length of the entire WAV file.

I decided to determine the optimum setting for the impulse filter by taking troublesome areas and making parameter adjustments until I got the result I wanted (starting loose and tightening up).

Using this technique I honed in on a setting of Thr:1, Size:9, Tracking:43. And it removed all the clicks and a particularly troublesome click on the 27 second sample I used.

But when I did the entire 8 minute piece (or even a 1 minute sample fo the piece) the troublesome click came back (attenuated by about 50% instead of 100%). It took a setting of 1-9-39 to finally remove the troublesome click.

Now I admit there is room for pilot error here on my part, but I was very careful and repeated my experiment with the same result.

So again, has anyone seem the Impulse filters result vary with sample/WAV length?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-08-2019, 04:59 PM.
Working...
X