Warp distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warp distortion

I have an LP that is warped and creates a thumping sound when played. What is the best way to remove this distortion?

Thanks

Re: Warp distortion

There are several things that you will probably need to do. First, use the Channel blender with the box checked so that the system blends to mono below 150 Hz. After you run that filter, then run the high pass filter set for 18 db/ocatve with the frequency set for around 100 Hz. If all of these still leave too much"bump" use the forensics high pass brick wall filter set to around 120 Hz.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks for the response, but where do I find the channel blender function? I'm using DC-Art32, remember, not millenium.

Thanks again.

Comment

Sorry - - - I forgot that the Channel Blender is not in DC-Art 32. The best you will be able to do is to try the other filters that I mentioned, although, I think that you may be limited to the high pass filter to fix this. I do not think that DC Art 32 has the Forensics menu with the brick wall filter suite.

Comment

Often, it is best to transfer a warped record at half speed to avoid the thumping sound. For example, a 33.3 warped record might benefit from a 16.6 rpm transfer to the computer. Then, convert the transfer to the proper speed with the change speed filter.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X