Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Adaptec's ECDC changes Dcart32 Editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Adaptec's ECDC changes Dcart32 Editing?

I have noticed that after doing my best to declick, denoise and dehiss files with DCART32 3.11 to the point I consider them ready for CD transfer using Adaptec's Easy CD Creator 3.5b, the produced CD does NOT have the same clean sound as rendered by dcart. It appears Adaptec's software adds "artifacts" or distortion to the sound files. I have not seen any ECDC parameter to correct from this. Can you help or suggest another recording software? (Will DCART have this feature ever?)

Re: Why Adaptec\'s ECDC changes Dcart32 Editing?

We have not experienced that. Is it possible that there is some sort of problem with your ROM burner hardware or driver? Are there any error messages presented (under "view errors") after you have burned a CD? Is it possible for you to try the same process on a different machine in order to determinine if you are dealing with a hardware/driver or a software problem? Lastly, if all that fails, have you checked the Adaptec website to see if this is a FAQ? Perhaps you should contact Adaptec and ask them what could cause this problem.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

No, there are no errors while copying, the problem does not present itself duplicating a disk or using directCD. There are no falty drivers. Adaptec's FAQ is very poor and does NOT address this problem. All I can think of is, that even that I use "Gain Normalize" from the CD Prep menu in DCART, somehow the resulting wave amplitude has to much gain when fed into EasyCD Creator. I say this because if I feed DCART edited files to ECDC which have been recorded and edited at a reasonably low volume, I do not experience this problem. Maybe the "Gain Normalize" command results, are not the finest for ECDC. Can you check on this?

Comment

I have the Adaptec software and have tried this on my system. I do not hear any introduced distortion. My system is a Dell Pentium 3 733 MHz with a Sony ROM burner. It sounds like a hardware / driver problem to me. Have you tried this same operation on another machine in order to verify this?
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X