Groove damage noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groove damage noise

Hi: I'm new to this forum but have been using Dcart32 for a while with good success. I was hoping to ask a question of Craig. In other posts, you mentioned that there was an algorithm for groove damage on the horizon. Could you tell me when this may be available, and would it make sense for me to upgrade from Dcart 32 to another product? (Millenium etc.)

Thanks in advance,

David
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-06-2019, 08:13 PM.

Re: Groove damage noise

By groove damage, do you mean noise and distortion due to a worn stylus having played the recording? If that is what you mean, then the spectral subtractor in the Continious Noise Filter has been successful in some cases of dealing with this sort of problem. Another possibility is the variable frequency de-esser in the dynamics processor. Both of these features can be found in the DC-5 product which is available as a demo download on our website located at www.diamondcut.com. That way you can try these features to see if they help solve your problem.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I should have been more clear in my description but yes, I suspect the damage is from the record being overplayed with a worn stylus. It's an intermittent low level "crackling" sound heard on louder vocals, sax, guitar etc. I'll download the upgrade to see if it helps. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

David

Comment

To use the spectral subtractor as a distortion reduction tool, you must sample on a section of distortion in the material for it to attenuate the distortion.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X