Can't disengage computer's internal mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't disengage computer's internal mic

when I record into diamond cut, I start the CD in my internal DVD Rom playing. But it appears the recording is being recorded through the internal mic on my computer (placed in the monitor chasis). When I speak during recording, my voice joins the cd info in the diamond cut recording.

I have tried playing with the various controls in audio devices in Control Panel. No good. If I mute the mic, or set it to 'alternate mic' no sound gets to diamond cut. I have an integrated(r) computer. But all should work. Any ideas?

BB
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-16-2019, 06:51 PM.

Re: Can\'t disengage computer\'s internal mic

Most of the computer audio cards, even the built in ones usually have a way to select line or mic, or at least mute the mic. Sound's like this may not. Maybe consulting the manufacturer would help.
    Maybe you could just stick a plug in the external mic input jack (if it has one) and short it out. This may disengage the internal mic.

Otherwise you may have to resort to using Digital Audio Extraction directly from the CD drive instead of doing the live audio route. This would probably result in better audio quality as well.

Comment

Hi,

Here's the way to turn off the mic.

1. double click the speaker icon on your tray. In ME and '98 it'll be yellow and it could be anything in xp.
      2. choose Options and then Properties
      3. Now click on Recording and then click OK
      4. You'll now see the Input mixer - it may be called recording control.
      5. You'll find the mic in selected. Just select the Line or other input. On most sound cards, only one may be selected, so selecting another one will turn off the mic.

Comment

bbb,
        Did any of the suggestions provided here help solve your problem?
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X