No announcement yet.

MM Vs MC Cartridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig, I'd like to post it, but my file attachment size limitations at this site wouldn't allow it. (I believe only 50k allowed?) This fancy full color article includes some photos & graphs (2 pages - remaining pages are all text) in its 6 pages & would never fit within that limitation. It seems for a good high resolution scan, I need to scan at 600 dpi and then convert down to 300 dpi. (I don't like the line distortions caused by lower dpi scans) At this dpi, each page can be as much as 2 meg (Graph & Photo pages). I could convert them down to 200 dpi, but then distortions are more common. Doing it in 8bit greyscale, the size still isn't much different. How could I do it?
    Last edited by DJBohn; 06-30-2005, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Is it online somewhere so that you could just point a link to it?
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

The Great Cartridge Competition !!!

Craig,
        There is no link that I know of on the Internet where this article is available. However I got to thinking - I remembered I had OCR ability with my scanner & software that I had not tried yet, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity... and I am happy to say its ability to convert a scan to a text document works great! There were just a few minor glitches due to letters that were a bit light or were fancy in nature (hope I corrected them all).

In any case, I have the complete article here as an attached wordpad document - which easily fit into this sites attachment limitations! Anyone who would like JPG's of the comparison chart, frequency response graphs and a picture of all the cartridges just send me a private message at this forum with your E-dress & I'll send you copies! Craig & Doug, I'll have them ready sometime this weekend & send you copies as well.

Comment

Thanks! I am looking forward to reading the article.

Comment

That is a very interesting article. I recommend that everyone working with vinyl read it. The conclusions are quite remarkable, indeed.

Comment

Working...
            X