Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Postal System is SHUT DOWN - only software via the internet permitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Postal System is SHUT DOWN - only software via the internet permitted

The Australian postal system is SHUT DOWN. We just had a book that was sent to Australia at a cost of over $40.05 bounce back with a sticker on the package that said:

"MAIL SERVICE SUSPENDED"

So, we can not ship hardware, books or Optical based Media to Australia until further notice. If you are living in Australia, you can still purchase software or music as a download. You can not purchase hardware such as preamplifiers, CDs, DVDs, Books or other hardware at this time.

We do not know the reason for this; if someone does, please let us now.

Craig / Diamond Cut Productions, Inc.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

While we do not know for sure, it's a good bet that this issue is related to Covid19.

Craig

Comment

There are other countries that the USPS has suspended service which include the following:

The Running List of Countries USPS Has Suspended Service To (Updated on 10/8/2021)
      • Australia
      • Afghanistan
      • Bhutan
      • Brunei
      • Cuba
      • French Guiana
      • Guadeloupe
      • Lao People’s Democratic Republic
      • Libya
      • Martinique
      • Mongolia
      • New Zealand (Priority Mail Express International packages are still accepted)
      • Papua New Guinea
      • Reunion
      • Saint Pierre and Miquelon
      • Samoa
      • South Sudan
      • Syria
      • Tajikistan
      • Timor-Leste
      • Turkmenistan
      • Yemen

**For the most up-to-date information on all the countries USPS has suspended service to, visit the USPS newsroom.

Comment

After one of our admin visited 4 post offices today, this issue still has not been resolved. We at least want a refund on the $40.15 postage cost.

Craig

Comment

We finally got a postage refund, but it was not easy. We still can not ship hardware or media to Australia as of this writing. We refunded our customer for his postage as well as for his handbook purchase. While not ideal, at least our customer has been made whole.

Craig

Comment

If anyone learns of change in status for shipments to Australia, please write a note to us. It would be nice to resume sales to Australia and some of the other countries impacted by the restrictions.

Comment

Working...
            X