Multi-Generation Cassette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Generation Cassette

This is my first preset post. It's one I put together for a starting point for multiple-generation cassettes (i.e., copies of copies). This one works well with rock and jazz. It's designed to clear up the noise and add back some of the presence that gets buried in the generations by clarifying the bass and adding to the upper end - cymbals, etc. come back to life and drums get their "thwack" sound back instead of a "thud." In any event, any comments or improvements are welcome.

Uploaded through Opera.

Dan
    Attached Files
    Dan McDonald

Question

Thanks for making and uploading this. I am a new registered user of DC Art Millennium, so my questions might seem a little stupid. I am just curious as to where I should unzip this file? Should I unzip it into the DC Art Millennium folder? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter -

Don't unzip it - the software does that itself. You just download it to someplace like the desktop and then go to "Edit" and then "Manage Presets" and browse to where you downloaded it.

Remember that these are just starting points. With multi-filters sometimes it's easiest to turn off all but the first one, get that set through preview, turn off all but the first and second, set the second, etc. until you do them all. Sometimes they interact a bit, so it's best to set them in order.
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi Peter,

The Millennium version does not support preset sharing, unfortunately. Preset sharing begain with DC5 and then remained with DC6 and the Forensics versions.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Peter - I can send you the parameters over email if you have it posted under details. I forgot that the preset manager didn't work on Millenium.

Dan
          Last edited by Dan McDonald; 07-16-2006, 12:55 PM.
          Dan McDonald

Comment

Wow that sounds like a good one but I'm still on Millenium too. (Waiting for 7 to upgrade). Mind if I politely beg for an email of it?
            Thanks, Doug

Comment

Thanks for you help.

I am going to give you my GMail account (I don't use it that much). Thank you for help and time.

Petlydecker@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X