TV Recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Recording

Way back when I was in college (early 1970s), I made a number of music recordings from TV broadcasts. I was just transferring some of them and developed this multifilter for cleaning them up a bit. The original recording was made by running two wires off the speaker and into a cheap cassette recorder. They actually sound quite good, but this cleans them up by adding some treble, cutting a bit of hum and expanding a little bit. The recording I'm working with were from a folk festival in which the guitar was closer to the mic than other instruments and was too hot, so there's a de-clipper in the chain that you may not need.

Anyway, in case anyone else has similar recordings, I thought I'd upload.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-31-2019, 05:08 PM.
    Dan McDonald

Dan,

Thanks for the preset. I have some American Bandstand performance tapes from roughly that same era that I haven't cleaned up yet. I'm sure it will help a bunch.

GB

Comment

That's cool. Although weren't a lot of those performances lip-synched?
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Dick Clark started getting a lot of flak for the lip synched stuff, so sometimes they would actually do some stuff live, and that's my main interest; and some of the lip synched stuff was still different than the studio versions, so I would be interested in that as well.

Call me crazy, but I like to get all the different versions I can from a particular artist or song.

GB

Comment

Sorry, I didn't have anything else to say; but my last post put me at 666 posts!!!! I know I am being needlessly paranoid, but I couldn't leave it on that number!!!

GB

Comment

Knock on wood, I am not superstitious.

<g>
            "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
              Knock on wood, I am not superstitious.

<g>
              Ha, Ha.

I'm not usually either, but I wasn't about to take any chances with that one.

GB

Comment

Hi, Geebster,

I guess the devil made you do it.

John

Comment

Originally posted by sus4chord
                  Hi, Geebster,

I guess the devil made you do it.

Very Funny!!!

GB

Comment