DC5 Version 5.14 Presets Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC5 Version 5.14 Presets Update

Contained herein, please find an updated set of presets which are related to the DC 5 rev. 5.14 patch update.

A note on updating your presets - the preset download offered here is a complete set of new and updated presets specifically for version 5.14 of DC5. These presets will not work with and should not be used with any earlier version of DC5 or DC Millennium.

To install these presets, first upgrade to DC5 version 5.14 and then run it. Confirm you are running 5.14 by checking Help/About. Now download the new preset file and save it somewhere on your hard drive.

Read thru the rest of this procedure and make sure you understand it before going on. If you are not totally sure of this procedure, it's a good idea to back up your existing presets before you attempt to upgrade them. They are under the DC5 directly called Presets. You can simply rename this directly to something like oldpresets if you want.

Next, click on Edit and then Manage Presets. Now click on Open Archive and browse to the location where you saved this new preset file. The new presets will now be displayed in the left pane. Click in this left pane anywhere and the copying arrow will show you are copying from the left pane (the new presets) to the right pane (presets you want installed). Now just click on Copy All.

The program will now likely tell you that the preset already exists and will give you a chance to overwrite the old one with the new one.

Note: If you have changed any of your presets and left them with our original name, overwriting them will cause your changes to be lost. If you have simply saved new presets under your own unique name, then they will not be harmed by this procedure.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 08-02-2019, 11:52 AM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Re: DC5 Version 5.14 Presets Update

Craig

I downloaded the new Presets per your instructions, and I'm not sure if they were installed properly. Is there a quick check I can do, to see if they appear in one of the filters...if one new preset is right, then I can assume I did it right.
    Thanks

Comment

I think that the last change made to the presets file was in the File Conversions Filter. The Preset called "Stereo Vertical Cut to Monophonic" was changed. Both Amplitudes should now be set to - 4 dB. Previously, one was at - 4 dB and the other was at a different value. That is my best recollection of the last change.

Comment

Craig

When I use the setting you suggest, under "From Stereo, to Mono (L-R)", "-4" shows for both channels. I guess I got it right. Thanks for your help.
        John

Comment

I am so used to having things go quickly that I was surprised at the amount of time it took to load these presets. I thought my computer was hung. So my words of wisdom is wait a couple of minutes before you panic. the presets will load.

Comment

Rick, - good thought. Although the total zip file is small, the presets file consists of about 1200 small files which extends the uploading time to your hard drive dramatically compared to one file of the same length.

Comment

Working...
            X