"Moaning Low" Contest Sample Preset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Moaning Low" Contest Sample Preset

I have created the attached multifilter preset as a reference to be used in the Restoration Contest. This mutifilter preset was my attempt to restore a snippet of "Moaning Low" by Clarence Williams and Eva Taylor. The "raw" version of this file can be found at the following link: http://www.diamondcut.com/Downloads/...MoaningLow.wav You must first pre-process this stereophonically recorded piece into a mono wavefile by using the following settings of the File Conversion Filter:

1. Set it for "From Stereo to Mono (L+R)."
    2. Set the Left and Right Amplitude values to -3.00 dB
    3. Run the Filter
    4. Make the Destination the source

Now you are ready to run the multifilter preset which is attached to this message. Use the bypass button to compare the before and after results. I am sure many of you will do a better job on this file than I have done, but someone had to go up to bat first! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Good luck with your restorations.

PS - This is just a "dry run" test file for contestants to experiment with. The actual contest files will be posted by Doug and Rick shortly.

About this file: This was recorded by the Edison Company around 1929 using the Lateral Format with Electrical Amplification. Edison went out of the record business shortly thereafter. This cut in its entirety can be found on the Diamond Cut CD called "Eva Taylor with Clarence Williams - - - Edison Laterals 4." It is Diamond Cut catalog number DCP-303D.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rickc; 10-03-2004, 10:15 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Re: \"Moaning Low\" Contest Sample Preset

Craig,

How do you download the sample preset file? All I get is what appears to be an empty or corrupt file.

Comment

Because of some strangeness in this forum software, when you try to download the attachment it will try to name it "download.php", you must rename this file to have a .zip extension such as "preset.zip" or "xxxxx.zip" Then the the preset manager will find it.
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I had tried that but must not have done it correctly. I got it to work tonight. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X