No announcement yet.

Ssssss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A last note to my original post. I re recorded the cut in question using my other pre amp. The one that has the RIAA curve built in. The cut with the ssss problem still has it. It is in the recording.

I did purchase a set of CD's that has the same song on it and that recording is good. no essss problem.

I will continue to try other solutions for this problem.

Comment

"Essing" can be a form of distortion which can originate anywhere in the audio chain. If it was introduced somewhere between the master 2 track mix down and the cutting head / cutting head amplifier for the record version, that could explain why the essing does not show up on the CD.

In any case, the de-esser does remove this type of distortion. It is just a matter of getting the controls set up correctly. I have done it here quite successfully. But, there is no single preset that I can offer that will universally do the job. The De-esser in the dynamics processor must be set up on a case by case basis for it to work.

Note: For de-essing, generally higher values of ratio are useful.
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
      X