No announcement yet.

WAV file called invalid by Roxio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to let you know that I have not abandoned this project. It has been shoved down in priority because of other things.

To Geebster: The CD drive causing problems was replaced. In looking at the posts over at Roxio, I see that people were/are having a lot of problems with Easy Media Creator 8, which is what I was using.

I've started deleting the programs that write to CD's. It is a slew of them. It looks as if everybody is slipping a CD writer into their product.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Deaf
      I've started deleting the programs that write to CD's. It is a slew of them. It looks as if everybody is slipping a CD writer into their product.

Yes; that's a good plan of attack as a first step. Many CDR burning programs just refuse to coexist with one another. I would recommend using a cleaning utility after the removal of these programs as small stray files not removed by the normal "remove program routine" may still cause some problems.

Since we know that it is a pretty stable performer, you may want to delete all the CDR burning programs from your machine EXCEPT Mentor and go from there.

Let me know if I can provide any additional help.

GB

PS. I would also recommend going to the manufacturer of the drive's website and see if there are any critical firmware updates for your drive. A firmware problem in the drive could also cause burning issues.
      Last edited by ; 01-16-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I think That Roxio put in an update that made Easy CD Creator 8 not work. I was in the middle of a project with a deadline (personal project) and it stopped working on me. I switched to my wife's computer and it had exactly the same error message, when both had worked a few days before.

I contacted tech support and received no response. In any event, if that is what happened, it was a nasty thing. Alternatively, it could have been a windows update, in which case I apologize to Roxio, but they still should have answered my question. It's been more than a month since that happened.
        Dan McDonald

Comment

The 2 biggest players in the CDR burning market, Roxio and Nero are notorious for not working properly with new Windows updates and/or other software programs that have burning capability. With multiple burning packages on one computer, it makes a problem more difficult to diagnose. That is why I suggested to remove all packages, save one, on the computer.

I have yet to have any hiccups whatsoever with Mentor, that is why I suggested to leave that one on your computer for further evalution and testing.

GB

Comment

The reason I was drawn to Roxio was that the screen you use to set up the recording process was so user friendly. There were three sections; one showed where you could pull from; the second showed what you had pulled; and the third was where you put the songs you were actually going to record.

It let you rearrange the order of the songs to your heart's content. You could arrange the dead space between each song or group of songs, plus it showed the time used by each song and the total of all (and the time remaining).

The work desk opened up to fill the whole screen.

On Mentor, however, I found none of that. The working space was all scrunched in with no "big" picture, figuratively or litterly.

But, as I found out, Roxio was all show and no go.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Deaf
              The reason I was drawn to Roxio was that the screen you use to set up the recording process was so user friendly.

But, as I found out, Roxio was all show and no go.
              I'm not saying that you have to use Mentor exclusively forever. By just having one CDR burning software on your system, it just makes diagnosing problems much easier.

I have used Roxio and Mentor together successfully AND I have used Nero and Mentor together successfully; but it is a long proven fact that Roxio and Nero will not work together...

At this point you just have to find if ANY CDR creation package will burn correctly.

GB

Comment

Working...
              X