• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rest my case!

Dan
    Dan McDonald

Comment

Thank you, Dan, but my Inspiron 9400 has NEC 6650 dvd-r built-in.
      I hope new 7.06 version get solved my problem.

Comment

Dumb question: What is xxx and yyy?

I have Live/Forensics 7, and I don't have any problem making CD's from other programs.

Comment

Sorry, Ringmaster. I just mean various program names. Usually, I try not to mention specific programs if they're not relevant to what is being discussed. That is, it's like that old quote from Pogo - "We have met the enemy, and they are us." - most of the time, software problems are me and what I'm doing because I haven't read the manual and I'm just guessing or whatever. So if there's a problem, I don't want to go bashing the software on this site - I just use xxx or yyy to mean some software that I'm not asking for help about, since the only software that I usually feel comfortable mentioning here are DC products. I sometimes mention another piece of software by name if it's just a quirk of that program or the way it works or something, because that's just factual information.

Dan
          Dan McDonald

Comment

Gotcha! I thought that might be what you were doing; just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I inadvertantly mentioned another program in another thread, and didn't realize it at the time.

If I have something that requires me to reveal other Programs, I usually contact Rick direct.

After I resolve the issue, then I post the subject on the Forum (without mentioning other programs), if I feel other members might have run across the same problem.

Comment

I've installed 7.06 version, but my problem is still here.
              Just to try something, I've downloaded xxx professional,
              free version. It detected correctly my dvd-r and I tried to do
              a cd-audio. It worked.
              So, I'm beginning to think that is not WinXp problem.
              Best regards to all.
              Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-08-2008, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Late to the game, but I figured I'd add my two cents.

I've never used DC-6 or -7 to burn a CD. I have four other packages on my computer that handle CD and DVD burning, and all four work. I'm running Windows XP.

Comment

If I were to make a WAG (wild ass guess), we (Diamond Cut) are using some XP feature that is not supported by the CD ROM burner in question. Other programs may not be using the feature in question. What that feature is, who knows? But, I can say that the situation is very unusual; we are not seeing a lot of people experiencing this problem.
                  "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig, thank you and Diamondcut for trying to resolve my problem.
                    I don't know if it can be useful but in Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/DVD-CDrom/Properties/Driver there are Microsoft drivers(cdrom.sys,imapi.sys,redbook.sys,storprop.d ll).
                    But there is also GEARAspiWDM.sys provided by GEAR Software Inc.
                    I hope this helps you.
                    My DVD-burner:NEC ND-6650A firmware version 103D.

Comment

Hi Andrea:

Sorry you are having problems with your CD drive - I had similar ones with the gear driver (before I got my first Diamond Cut program). Like you, I lost access to my CD drives. This was 4 or 5 years ago so Gear may have solved the problem - or it may not be your issue. Here's a link to their upgrade site

http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.cfm

... and here's a link that provides more info on your .sys file

http://www.file.net/process/gearaspiwdm.sys.html

In my case, the driver was provided by a copying program but, from the above link, it looks like it comes with many other pieces of software including iTunes. I don't know if this is the problem but you might try just doing search to find out everywhere the file has been hid and then renaming each by adding an "x" before the name. Reboot, and see if any problems have been solved or new ones created. If that solves the problem, look in the Processes tab of Task Manager (Control/ALT - Delete) to see if the gear driver is being loaded on start-up. If so this may be the only instance of the driver that needs to be removed. In the above link, under the third "User Comment" is a link to a program that removes this driver. Like Craig always says -- nothing beats experimentation! (just be sure to create a back-up/restore point first!)

Good Luck

Brian

Comment

Many thanks, Brian.
                        It's not so big problem, but I will try to resolve that one.

Comment

Hi all, I had to format my hard disk. I had to reinstall XP sp2 and of course
                          DC7.06. Now, cd burn feature works!!
                          Very good but what a technology's mystery!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea
                            Hi all, I had to format my hard disk. I had to reinstall XP sp2 and of course
                            DC7.06. Now, cd burn feature works!!
                            Very good but what a technology's mystery!
                            Andrea,

I guess that means that some file somehwere must have been corrupted.

Craig
                            "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
                              Andrea,

I guess that means that some file somehwere must have been corrupted.

Craig
                              Happens all of the time with Win based systems....

Glad that it is working for you...

Comment

Sorry for resurrecting this ancient thread, but I'd never actually tried the 'Burn CD' facility till now, and am encountering the same problem.

With DC7 v7.15 on WinXP sp3 I also get this "ERROR: Could not find any CD recorders in your system" - this despite DC7's 'Rip CD tracks' detecting the CD recorder just fine.and the recorder displaying OK in Windows Device Manager. All other installed audio apps (xxx, yyy, zzz, aaa, bbb etc.) work flawlessly with the burner. A repair install of DC7 didn't help, nor a complete DC7 deinstall/reinstall.

The problem exists on both my solid, well-behaved WinXP sp3 PC's: a desktop with internal Plextor PX-712A CD/DVD burner, and, after transferring DC7, my Toshiba laptop with an internal Matsushita CD/DVD burner "MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S".

Has this issue been nailed yet? There's been various war stories and conjecture in this and in a more recent thread, but there didn't seem to be a common element. It may well be a complex matter with diverse possible causes. Someone did get success after resorting to a WnXP sp2 reinstall, but there was no specific conclusion other than speculation that 'some file somewhere mst have been corrupted'. I'd prefer not to have to reinstall WinXP and all apps and patches, or for now to spring for DC8 or Win7 just to fix a small blemish :-). Thanks.
                                Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-31-2010, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X