Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requests for Version DC8 Product Inputs

Hi folks,

We are beginning to develop the product development plan for version DC8 and welcome your inputs. Please feel free to contribute your thoughts regarding features and performance here on this thread.

Thanks,

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Originally posted by Craig Maier
    Hi folks,

We are beginning to develop the product development plan for version DC8 and welcome your inputs. Please feel free to contribute your thoughts regarding features and performance here on this thread.

Thanks,

Craig
    I've mentioned this before, but I want it to be on record. Full outboard support for the various audio file formats, so we don't have to leave the DC application during the ripping process to automatically encode to ogg vorbis, FLAC etc.

Ogg vorbis is partially supported now, but full support for ogg vorbis and FLAC would be great!

Comment

Hi GB -

We have been talking about adding FLAC, but do not know as much about Ogg Vorbis. We will look into it.

Comment

With regard to DC8, I would like to see improvements in the "De-Click" process.

An improvement in the algorithum to handle small clicks during low level music passages and an improvement to handle clicks that don't have the fast slope rate seem to be very hard to remove.

Marc

Comment

Hi GB -

We have been talking about adding FLAC, but do not know as much about Ogg Vorbis. We will look into it.
          Thanks Craig. For me, if I could only have one or the other, I would choose FLAC as it is quickly becoming the defacto standard for lossless compression schemes.

Ogg is kind of supported right now.... at least in 7.5. It works pretty well as it is....

Thanks again....

Comment

Hi Craig,
            Boy, you guys sure are "gluttons for punishment" - 7.5 is just shipped and here you are jumping back into the development cycle!

I still think full support for the Broadcast WAV format and all its MetaTag capabilities would be useful to all - and a particularly promising way to expand DC's user base.

Brian

Comment

And I'm still waiting for the "fix it" button that does everything. I think that's been on hold since version 4! DC7.5 is getting close, but you still have to think a little bit. As I get older, I'm going to need the fix it button more and more.

Dan
              Dan McDonald

Comment

Originally posted by Dan McDonald
                And I'm still waiting for the "fix it" button that does everything. I think that's been on hold since version 4! DC7.5 is getting close, but you still have to think a little bit. As I get older, I'm going to need the fix it button more and more.

Dan
                Me too, Dan....

Comment

Quoting Marc:

"With regard to DC8, I would like to see improvements in the "De-Click" process.

An improvement in the algorithum to handle small clicks during low level music passages and an improvement to handle clicks that don't have the fast slope rate seem to be very hard to remove."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried using the Narrow Crackle Filter? It is specifically designed to eliminate small, narrow pulse width events, especially during low level music.

Craig

Comment

Re Narrow Crackle

Craig,

Yes, I have tried the narrow crackle, but, I'll work with it some more. I'm trying to clean a transcription record and it has low level sound at times with record noise.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

Low level, narrow crackle sometimes needs several narrow crackle filters lined-up on a row in the multifilter for max effectiveness. I usually set them for a size of 4 to 5 and a threshold between 25 to 35 on acetate transcriptions. Also, I only use the narrow crackle filter after I have removed all the wider and taller pulse noise with the EZ Impulse filter first.

Craig

Comment

Row of Filters

Craig,

Thanks for the tip. I have a transcription of Roy Acuff that's a tough one. While it's easy to remove the scratch's/crackle with an aggressive setting, it also removes much of the violin's/music sound.

I find it hard to get just the right balance. I'll try multiple narrow crackle filters.

Regards,
                        Marc

Comment

Quoting Dan,

Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, we understand. We are looking for that software compiler that has a "Write It" button. If you provide us with that then you will get your "Fix It" button. How's that for a deal?

Craig

Comment

We are looking for that software compiler that has a "Write It" button. If you provide us with that then you will get your "Fix It" button. How's that for a deal?Craig
                            Gee Craig, what a coincidence -- I just happen to have both buttons available for sale "for the discounted price of all your money and all of your property payable to me immediately. Just send me all of your assets now!
                            (my) Satisfaction Guaranteed."

Think of it as a two-for-one sale. :-)
                            Brian

Comment

EZ Enhancer

With regard to improvements....

I find that the EZ Enhanzer tool can "spice up" the recordings nicely, but the use is somewhat difficult. While the presets are handly, I would like to see some "meters" or bar graphs added to high-light just when the harmonics are being added. Indicators can really help to see just how much "extra" you are adding.

Regards,
                              Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X