"play from here" stops working after pausing while editing wave file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Eric,

Not sure why your system is shutting down. Can you try the alternate sound card driver (MME vs WDM or visa versa). Is it sample rate or bit depth sensitive? Also, you might want to switch to classic edit mode rather than fast edit mode (edit/preferences menu). In that mode, there is a .wav file trail of your work - - - that is the mode that the forensics guys use.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hi Again,

As an afterthought -I have heard of sound card drivers causing this sort of problems some time back. I think that it had something to do with re-initialization of the sound card - - - in other words, they should re-initialze themselves after each action, but some did not always do that successfully. There are two things to look at if this is the case:

1. Goto the Edit/preferences/soundcard tab and checkbox the reinitialize on play feature. This allows Diamond Cut software to over-ride the soundcard initialization routine.

2. Check for an updated driver for your soundcard - it could be out of date or not 100% compatibile with your O/s.

Craig
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
      X