Windows 10 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marc,

I have not tried it; Rick ran the tests on one of his machines. I am curious to know - what made Windows 10 less than optimal for your desktop system? And, I can imagine that reversing the process (going back to Win7 would be a real challenge.)

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

With regard to Windows 10...

My antivirus software didn't work and the location of the usual tools on the desktop are either gone or in strange places. I.E. the control panel and other stuff.

It seemed that the changes were made to make it look "different" without making the changes to make it easier for the user to actually do something.

Learning just where and how to do things with a Windows Operating system takes a lot of time and just changing things around without a reason, makes no sense.

Now, maybe from a software application view the new features make sense, but to me as a user they do not help and wind up hurting me from doing things (like music cleanup).

Marc

Comment

The tech guy at work has been given the job of evaluating whether to switch or not. He sort of likes windows 10 after getting used to it for a few weeks, but he says that for some reason it is running things slightly slower than windows 8.
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Hmmmm - that is not good. Obviously, one would hope that things would get faster as technology improves.

Craig

Comment

And I don't know if he's done any sort of a/b testing. He just was talking about it today.
            Dan McDonald

Comment

He would have to "benchmark" a few software programs performing a common task or set of tasks and comparing the time to complete the tasks. It is pretty easy to do with something like Diamond Cut. And, software like Diamond Cut which is math intensive is probably a good ruler.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X