DirectSound Error, out of the blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectSound Error, out of the blue

Everything had worked fine until late 2020, when DC8.50 would no longer let me record.
    I had not changed any settings or configs, but this error began appearing whenever I clicked the Record button:

"DirectSound Error: The request failed because resources, such as a priority level, were already in use by another caller." (see attached image).
    This never happened before. Now I can't avoid this.

My FocusRite Scarlett 6i6 (external sound card) appears to work fine. Other software still records OK. The issue seems to be exclusively within DC.

DC8 Version 8.50, Windows 10 Home.

Please advise. Did this suddenly arise out of one of the final OS updates before the recent new Windows 10 build?

The DC8 family of software are quite old and no longer supported. The supported version is DCArt10.7x and can be found here:

https://www.diamondcut.com/st3/produ...n-tools-10-62/

The upgrade is discounted for existing users of previous Diamond Cut Productions software products. The demo runs for 15 days so that you can evaluate the product to see if you like it.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-25-2021, 12:08 PM. Reason: syntax error
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

If you have disabled "Allow apps to access your microphone" in the privacy settings in Windows 10 this will cause any software from recording audio, even win32 apps.

Comment

Working...
      X