Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDDB No Longer Available - Alternative Source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDDB No Longer Available - Alternative Source?

Hi all,
    It seems CDDB has closed down and is no longer available for obtaining track information when ripping from a CD source.
    Does anyone know of an alternative database that can be used in the DC 10.62 CD Rip and Burn "CDDB LOOKUP" feature?

We have been researching that and there is one possibility, but we would have to do some re-coding for it to work. If anyone else knows of something, let us know.

Thanks,

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

We are still working on restoring the access to the database, with some success. Stay tuned.

Comment

We have that problem fixed and will be releasing a new update shortly. Stay tuned.

Craig

Comment

Good job! Many users will appreciate that very much.

Comment

Craig, you probably ran across the same information I did - 2 alternatives to the FreeDB - there is AMG. And there's Gracenote, which would require the DC player to be licensed to them first. I wonder what happened to them all. Not many years ago there were several locations available.

Comment

We have the CDDB fixed already, but we have not yet released it. The reason is that we are also adding a new feature to the software (no charge for it) and want to get the CDDB and the new feature all handled with one release rather than two.

Craig

Comment

The CDDB issue is solved. You can find it here in DCArt10.7x:

https://www.diamondcut.com/st3/produ...n-tools-10-62/

Comment

Working...
                X