VST plugins crash the program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VST plugins crash the program

I have installed several equalizers as VST plugins: SPAN, Luftikus and TDR Nova. All of them crash DC 10.7. When I click the Preview button for any of them, the tracking scale pops up as normal, but, after a few seconds, the program crashes and vanishes from my monitor. I have tried closing other programs to reduce load on my CPU and memory, without avail. Any suggestions?

Larry Lapidus

Not sure. We have not heard that one before. As an aside, the software itself includes 4 EQs, a 10 band, 20 band, 10 band parametric EQ (paragraphic EQ) and a three band in the Virtual Phono Preamp. Hard to imagine needing more. What am I missing? More EQs can be had built in via the Forensics version which adds to the list a 30 band EQ and a 32000 band spectral filter/eq. Check it out. Further, maybe there is something wrong with the plug-ins?
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,
      You are perfectly right: there is no real need for an additional equalizer. I am merely looking to broaden my experience and sharpen my skills by seeing how different experts approach the same challenge. There certainly might be something amiss with the other programs, but the fact that four different plugins all cause DC10 to crash in the same way suggests that there may be something wrong with the way I installed them, or that my computer, which is a 1 year old HP desktop, is in some way incompatible. -- Larry

Comment

The ultimate equalizer is the DCForensics10.7x spectral filter which has 32,000 bands. The demo is here: https://www.diamondcut.com/st3/produ...io-laboratory/

check it out - the demo will run for 15 days unencumbered. As for the plugins, maybe they are 64 bit plugins and the Diamond Cut is designed for 32 bits. I do know that testing has been done on the VST plugin capability without any issues reported but for this one.

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 02-01-2021, 04:56 PM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X