Unable to paste from a wav file and save as new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to paste from a wav file and save as new

I am trying to copy a portion of my source file and save it as a new wav file in the same folder as all the DCart wav files. My procedure is as follows:
    I dragged the mouse to highlight the portion of the source audio I wish to past to a new file. Click Edit, select paste as new file and click. The folder that contains all my source files produced with DCart is displayed. I then type the name of the new file and click Save. I then receive an error message "The system cannot find the path of the specific file".

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to correct this issue.

Many thanks,
    Bob W

So sorry, folks. I missed as crucial step. I forgot to click Copy before I went to Edit/Paste/Paste as new file. All is well now. Again, sorry for being too fast on the trigger.

Comment

Good to know -

Craig
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I realize it's not your problem here, but also, something to be aware of is that if you end up with too long path names (easy to do when including genre/artist/title folder structure and possible that same information in the file name itself), it may save the file with a partial name (that doesn't include the extension), or not at all (if path is way too long). I've had to get a file out my temp folder before and shorten the path/name to recover it. On the screen, though, it looks like it didn't save the file, but I've often been able to go to the folder where I saved it, shorten the name and add the .wav extension, and the file loads perfectly.
        John

Comment

That makes sense to me. File names are not allowed to be unlimited in length.

Craig
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
          X