Problem Converting .wav to .mp3 Using Batch File Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Converting .wav to .mp3 Using Batch File Editor

I get the error message 'An error occurred writing to the file xxx. The disk may be full or the file permissions may be incorrect', when trying to convert a batch of .wav files to .mp3. This error message or very similar messages cycle through until the entire list is exhausted.

The same .wav files happily convert to .mp3 when done individually through the 'File Menu/Save As' option. The subject .wav files are mono and there is no option to select mono in the Batch Editor dialog.

Any suggestions on how to get it working?

I am using DC 10.06 but the same behaviour exists with my old DC 8.51.

Regards.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-16-2023, 10:15 AM.

Not sure - - - that is a very old software. The shipping version is 10.8x and the 15 day demo is found here:

https://www.diamondcut.com/st3/produ...n-tools-10-62/

Try the demo. Otherwise, in general converting .wav to .mp3 required the file to be stereo (file converter filter does that) and 16 bit (resolution bit converter does that) and the sample rate must be 44.1 kHz (the sample rate converter does that). They can all be done in the batch file converter.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks Craig, I will try the demo and report back.

Comment

OK - thanks,

Craig

Comment

Hi Craig,
          I can report that DC10.8 does the .wav to .mp3 conversion successfully.
          What steps do I take to upgrade?
          Cheers.

Comment

Hi,

Since you are an existing customer, you are entitled to the upgrade price $69 vs $99). It is found here:

https://www.diamondcut.com/st3/produ...n-tools-10-62/

Since you already have the demo on your machine, no need to re-install it. Just make the purchase and then a serial number will be sent to your email. You will also need to place your email addy into the software.

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X