Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying from SOURCE to DESTINATION.

In DC5.03 when I try to copy a section of a wave I got the message:

You are attempting to perform selective filtering with a destination file that is not long enough. You must either create a destination file of sufficient length of turn off sync mode.

I go under Edit/Preferences/Display and remove the check under Sync Mode Scroll Tracking. Do APPLY and start again. The same message.

I quit DC5 and rerun it. No more success.

1) In DCART32 the selection was append to an empty file in this situation. Is-it possible to configure DC503 to do the samething.

2) How do I create a destination file of sufficient length.

Thanks
    Gilles Desautels
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-17-2019, 10:42 AM.

Re: Copying from SOURCE to DESTINATION.

Gilles -
    unclick "sync files" under the View menu. I believe that will fix your problem.

Dan
    Dan McDonald

Comment

First create a copy of your file in the destination window with the file conversions filter. Then you can do any selective filtering that you want to, on the copy.

Comment

Yes, that's always the best thing.

Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Thanks Dan

Your solution "unclick "sync files" under the View menu" was exactly what I was looking for.

I like to do this when I want to extract some sequence of a piece. This way I get all the sections I want to preserve back to back. I only have to adjust the cuts from one sequence to the next to be nice and I get my medley.

But this solution brings another question. What is the effect of the sequence I was doing.

Edit/Preferences/Display/Sync Mode Scroll Tracking (Check or Uncheck). It seems to have no effect when I apply the solution described above so it must be useful for something else, something that I don't know yet.

Comment

When you get the prompt "file not big enough", you have to click on the "-" sign until you get the full wave file you are trying to process, and then double-click on the wave file, to "select" the full wave you are working with, or hi-light the section you want, then proceed with your processing. You can only "select" and process what is showing in the wave window, the system "knows this", and prompts you to "select" the section you are trying to process.

Hope I have not confused you....I usually open and "select" the full wave, especially if the noise is consistant through-out the whole recording.

Ringmaster

Comment

You can also use the "Clone Source" command under the File menu.

Craig
              "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
              X