Ideas for Version Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Ideas for version 7 or another product

This post really was on the wrong side of the line of basic product bashing. We do not permit that, especially when we are on the receiving end of it. I had to delete it because of that.

I know that the product is quite complicated and some people do not like that. Its complexity and features seem to be overwhelming to you. So, why don't you try using the DC Audio Mentor product? That is our answer to the complaints that you raised about DC6.

Please do not place postings like that one on this site.

Thanks,

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 08-27-2006, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• I too have another program that I use for simple restorations and can switch to DC6 when I need a full power solution.I am not an engineer or audio professional and have no problem using DC6.
      I have all versions including Forensics which I use regulary
      by just reading the manual and checking the posts.
      If DC programs are to complicated then don't use them.
      If my neighbor paints his house red and I dont like red then I don't paint mine RED.

Comment

• Everything is ok, GB. Don't worry about it. You apology is accepted.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

• Variable effects versus time

A couple of the effects and filters have the possibility of changing the effect differentially over time. For version 7 would one possibility be an option for providing a command that would start with not using a filter at all, and incrementally add the filter until a certain point, then slowly decrease the effect/filter so that at a certain point it does not affect the source at all.

That probably doesn't make sense, but what I mean is something like the "fade in" and "fade out" controls, but instead of fading in and fading out, a command would be used where you would set up a beginning point and and end point, so that whatever filter you picked would begin at a certain point, would gradually increase until it got to the full level you had set; would stay at that level for a time you would specify, and then decline over another set period of time.

Here's an example:
          The left channel is messed up on a recording, so you want to move the right channel to cover both channels. You can do that easily (as Craig described on a post yesterday), but what you can end up with is a sharp difference in sound between the true stereo section and the section where it's only the right channel coming out of both left and right.

The idea is to let you gradually making the stereo recording into a "right channel only" by gradually changing from true stereo to right channel only, holding it at the right channel only for a period of time, then slowly moving it back to true stereo.

I just used the stereo-mono as an example, but I think this could be useful (gradually introducing the filter, maintaining it for x minutes or seconds), then gradually decreasing it) would be very useful in a lot of different situations.

Dan
          Last edited by Dan McDonald; 11-09-2006, 02:53 PM.
          Dan McDonald

Comment

• Hi Dan,

Brilliant minds think alike. We are considering that.

Craig
            "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

• Excellent!

Thanks Craig

Dan
              Dan McDonald

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan McDonald
                ...The idea is to let you gradually making the stereo recording into a "right channel only" by gradually changing from true stereo to right channel only, holding it at the right channel only for a period of time, then slowly moving it back to true stereo.
                Since Craig and the gang are considering that, I would just add that the way I would like to see it implemented is graphically on the waveform. I have several programs that allow you to do things along those lines. You place markers on the waveform display at the beginning and ending 100% points for the effect. Icons appear with the markers. You drag the icons to establish the 0% points and then right-click on them to select the shape of the curve you want (straight line vs. logarithmic, fast slope, slow slope, and so on). The curve of the effect is shown as a colored line superimposed on the waveform. Preview it and readjust the markers as needed, then commit. Much easier than dialog boxes.

HB

Comment

Working...
                X