No announcement yet.

I guess I'm stupid but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the Diamond Cut Users / Forum members sent me a private email stating that the header is corrupted on the two presets that I posted. We are going to have to look into that. He believes that there may be a basic formatting issue with our implementation of .zip. My skepticism only comes into play since we have been using the same format for about 4 or so years now; that does not demonstrate that the Diamond Cut implementation of .zip is not in error, however.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-13-2006, 04:00 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hi,
      I'm using DC6 Ver 6.14
      "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Mine is Forensics

Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Interesting. Dan is using Forensics and Lord Theo is using DC6. The preset was created on my copy of DC6 but is compatible with Dans Forensics but not Lord Theos DC6. Now I would like to learn what Quartet87 is using since he was unable to use the preset on a download from the bbs basis, yet it worked when I emailed it to him.

Comment

Hi,
            For what it's worth, when I attempt to open a new archive, its path will appear in Preset Archive Filemane stacked on top of the prior one. Hope this helps.

Ted
            "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

I noticed that too, Theo. You have to say "close archive" or something like that to get it to open so the old path is not there anymore. I don't remember exactly how to do it right now, and I'm at work so I can't check, but if you do it a certain way, then it opens the new path without the other one underneath.

Dan
              Dan McDonald

Comment

Also.....

Tried an experiment, extracted the tube presets to my desktop using PowerDesk. AUDIOPHILE extraction placed DCartPreset.pst on the desktop & VACUUM TUBE extraction placed full Analog Noise + Multifilters folders on the desktop. Neither of these new folders contained the presets used to extract them.

Comment

I re-uploaded the two Vacuum Tube related presets that have been in question on the presets sharing sector of the forum. I do not know if that will help, but I figured that it is worth the try.

Comment

Sorry, they did not work. left pane still blank.

Comment

Quoting Lord Theo:

"Sorry, they did not work. left pane still blank."

-------------------------------------------

I think that this is slowly making my mind go blank! <g>

Anyway, we are talking about upgrading the bbs software in hopes that it may fix it. There are two concerns that we have:

1. Could create an instability in the forum for a while after we upgrade.

2. It ain't cheap. But number 2 is less of a concern than number 1.

Of course, none of this goes towards explaining why you were unable to import the presets when I sent them via e-mail.

Keep the faith. We shall ultimately figure this one out.
                      Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-14-2006, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I am just wondering if maybe there are two bugs that we are dealing with here, one associated with the forum and a second associated with the presets importation feature of DC6.

Has anyone using DC6 had any problems downloading any of the other presets on the presets sharing area?

Comment

I haven't had any problems with any of them. I have downloaded most of them.

Dan
                          Dan McDonald

Comment

I have a fairly new DC-6 installation (about a month now). I just thought I'd try to download a preset to see what camp my system resides in.

Just for the record, I download the presets as zipped files and leave them that way. I can find the Zipped file with the Preset Manager, and display the full Path, but the left pane stays blank.

My system is pretty basic, but I can provide details if you need them.

BTW, I've tried a couple more and none make it into the left pane. This isn't something I need right away, just trying to add to the base.
                            Last edited by cromag; 04-15-2006, 12:48 PM. Reason: Tried another archive

Comment

I'll certainly keep the faith. I can't tell you how much your support is appreciated. I know of no other developer showing this much dedication, professionalism, and support to the end user.

Regards,
                              Ted

Comment

Thanks Ted. We try, although I am sure that eveyone would prefer that there just were no problems like this to start with!

Anyway - - -
                                Rick and I got together today and sat in front of a machine for a while to try to solve the problem together. We were able to determine that the problem that we are seeing is browser dependent. Internet Explorer was unable to deal with these presets downloaded from this forum. However, another browser had no problems with them. We also learned that the problem is not only related to the two new Vacuum Tube presets that I had recently uploaded, but others which have been around for a long time now.

So, we are making a little bit of progress in understanding the problem. I will keep everyone updated as we learn more about this.
                                Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-15-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X