CD burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Is there a more up-to-date opticial drive driver available? You might want to try that route.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier View Post
      Is there a more up-to-date opticial drive driver available? You might want to try that route.
      Thanks for the suggestion.

Both my burners use native Microsoft WinXP Drivers - FWIW, version 5.1.2535.0. containing a cluster of sys and dll files of version 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp080413-2108). I was unable to locate anything more recent, but I'm a bit out of my depth here.

Both drives also had their most recent firmware: (1.09 for Plextor PX-712A and 1.70 for the MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S). Neither, though, was actually on the Microsoft XP Hardware Compatibility List.

The Registry settings on both PC's were consistent with the Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB 316529 on how to make the drives recordable. I then confirmed that a 'Recording Tab' was indeed present on both PC's, with a checkmark on the field "Enable CD recording on this drive" (this by navigating > Start > My Computer > optica drive > right-click > Properties > Recording tab). Finally, I screened both PC's with the freeware utility "PC Wizard": this reported both burners as "Recordable: Yes".

So it would seem that DC7 is stricter than my other software apps in finding something that flags the two optical drives as non-recorders. Still to be checked is the possibility of corruption in the Windows User (write) Permissions. And also to test with a borrowed external drive of more recent vintage.
      Ach it's no big deal, but I do hate little mysteries :-).

Comment

Working...
      X