No announcement yet.

Ideas for Version Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose that we could add a checkbox for the VU meter that allows it to read the True RMS or Rectified Average value rather than the peak value - - - make it a customer choice. Would that do it?
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Yes indeed -- quite helpful.

Comment

I added it to the todo list. Thanks.

Comment

DC Wish List

The ability to scrub portions of the timeline (a la NLEs) and playback at varying speeds (by using hot keys) would be very helpful in speeding-up the process of tracking-down problem spots in a sound file.
          "I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Comment

We will look into this one. Not sure.

Comment

Have you tried "Time Bracketed Play" to help out with this? You can find a description of it on page 98 of the users manual. It may not provide complete "Jogging" capability, but many people use it to do what you are trying to do. Please advise.

Comment

Scrub-a-dub

Originally posted by Craig Maier
                Have you tried "Time Bracketed Play" to help out with this?...It may not provide complete "Jogging" capability, but many people use it to do what you are trying to do. Please advise.
                Yes, except for the Play Range ? x, I use this feature often. While it is very useful, it is nothing like nor a suitable substitute for scrubbing, jogging, or shuttling. They may be more useful in video editing, but there are many-a-time when this functionality would be most advantageous in the the audio realm.
                It doesn't hurt to ask, besides, this is a Wish List.
                "I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Comment

Fair enough. We will consider adding it if time permits.

Comment

what's 'scrubbing?'
                    Dan McDonald

Comment

DC7 Pipe Dream

Shouldn't be too difficult. Only a complete re-coding and whole new UI.
                      Last edited by TimG; 04-20-2005, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Keep in mind that we are incorporating a bunch of features in the next version that are our ideas as well as the groups. We have some interesting features that will be added that we do not want to discuss at this point in time.

Comment

Audio scrubbing

The process of moving within an audio file or tape to locate a particular section. The term originally comes from the days of reel-to-reel players, when rocking a reel would give the impression of scrubbing tape across the head. Many audio scrub tools today allow the user to drag a cursor across the wave form to audition different sections of an audio file.

Comment

Version Seven Heaven

Originally posted by Craig Maier

...We have some interesting features that will be added that we do not want to discuss at this point in time.
                            Understood, and you probably don't want to give a time frame for fear of screwing-up marketing and sales. Especially considering that there may be those of us who are pondering upgrading to LIVE.

Comment

We didn't say that, did we? Acutally, it will be quite a while before this new product is introduced; it certainly is not on the horizon. There are just too many features to design, code and test.
                              Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-19-2005, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Don't Hold Your Breath Dept.

And given DC's generous upgrade policy why wait and miss-out on all of those great features of LIVE in the meantime?

Comment

Working...
                                X